Chikermaneism is looking for adherents
For a long time, I have argued that finally this planet will see as many religions as there are people. And the reason is simply that each person has his unique spiritual path, a road through which she is able to express the divinity that lies under our surface lives. Yesterday, I got a chance to spread this idea, my personal gospel, my own religion.
In a delightful use of technology and consumer interface, Huffington Post began a quaint competition. Titled, Create Your Own Religion Competition, it opens into a page that allows visitors to fill a small form, create their own religion and seek out adherents. I usually ignore such appeals to fill forms — as a religion. But in this, I though here’s my chance to propagate my own set of beliefs.
And so, witness, dear readers, the birth of Chikermaneism. Some of its beliefs:
1. My way is mine and your way is yours. All told, there are 7 billion religions.
2. We definitely meet somewhere so there’s no need to kill me if I don’t believe in your way or even criticise it.
3. You have the freedom to not follow my way and critique it.
4. I will never try and convert you.
5. But if your religion demands that you would be incomplete without converting me, you have the right to try. I will listen with an open mind.
6. The final aim is to divinise myself and the matter around me.
7. The divinisation is destined and we can only speed up the process a bit.
8. We are all part of a larger whole and need to become conscious of that.
You don’t need to follow any rituals and the major holiday would be my birthday. If you think Chikermaneism resonates with your deeper beliefs, please follow it. If not, find some other religion. And if none of them impress you, create your own religion here.